Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fresh White Peach Icecream {Drizzled with Homemade Raspberry Jam}

I have a confession to make. I used to hate peaches. Yes, hate, almost as much as I hate bacon. {Which I think is the most disgusting food ever} But that all changed last year on our trip to Kauai. We bought some fresh ripe white peaches at the Costco there. They looked delicious and juicy so I decided to try one. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I am so glad I tried them and was bummed that I had been missing out on something so delicious. To make up for lost time I look for peaches every time I go to Costco and if they have some I usually buy them, I just can't help it. My little family loves  them. I bought some last week and after eating a few I decided to make some homemade Peach icecream with the remaining peaches... it is Summer after all! The easy thing about this was that I just used my Fresh Strawberry Ice cream recipe and substituted with white peaches. The same day that I made this icecream I had also made some Fresh Raspberry freezer jam so I decided to top my icecream with that. I love the combination of peaches and raspberries, it screams summertime!





Happy Summer!

XOXO,
Whitney

RECIPE

Fresh White Peach Ice-Cream Recipe

3 cups fresh ripe white peaches, peeled and sliced
2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 C sugar, divided
1 1/2 C whole milk
1/2 C lowfat milk
2 C heavy cream
3/4 C half & half
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

In a small bowl combine the peaches with the lemon juice and 1/2 C of sugar. Stir gently. Place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to allow the peaches to make juices. Then, strain the peaches reserving the juice. In a food processor, pulse 1/2 of the peaches and set aside.

In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on medium speed and combine milk with the remaining sugar. Mix until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cream, half & half, vanilla, peache juices & pulsed peaches. Pour mixture into your ice cream machine for the amount of time suggested per the manufacturer.  (Mine takes about 25 minutes)  5 minutes before mixture is done mixing add in the remaining sliced peaches.

Place in a freezer safe bowl and freeze to harden just slightly... or eat right away if you like your ice cream really soft!

Top with Fresh Raspberry Jam!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!