Saturday, May 12, 2012

{Bubbles} My Journey to become a mother

The weather has been gorgeous this week so I have been trying to enjoy it. My little girl is happy when we are outside. It doesn't matter what we are doing, just being outside makes her smile like crazy. And just watching her have a good time makes me happy in return. Yesterday we went outside and blew bubbles. She loves it and can even say "bubbles". While sitting there blowing bubbles with her I couldn't help but think about how fast time has flown by. I love my sweet little girl more than anything in the world and being her mom is the best gift I have ever been given.

 I am not sure I have shared this but we struggled with infertility. It was a long and hard journey. We spent many hours in the doctors office. There were many "failed" attempts and disappointments. So many tears were shed and it was an emotional rollercoaster. It is definitely true that you want something that much more when you can't have it. After many tests, prayers, tears, three rounds of Clomid and three rounds of IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) we decided to try IVF (invitro fertilization). Our amazing doctors implanted two embryos. I remember the first pregnancy test I took that said "positive". I couldn't believe it. I was beyond ecstatic. Then when we went to our first ultrasound at 6 weeks and saw there was a little bean in there with a heartbeat I thanked God for this little miracle. Even though the road of infertility was a long, and bumpy road filled with so much sorrow it lead me to the greatest JOY I would ever know in my life.  I love you Mia, I thank God everyday for giving you to me and am so blessed to be your Mother.











Happy Mother's Day to All! May you all enjoy the simple things, like blowing bubbles with your little ones!

XOXO,
Whitney

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!