Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine's Yarn Wreath

So... last week I finally caved in and joined Pinterest. I was holding out because I was worried I would spend too much time on it. Oh the things and ideas you can find on that website! So far I have loved it. It sparks a little creativity in me and makes me to want do more. (And I don't feel bad about myself if I don't, because let's be honest, I won't do everything I put on my pin boards) I found a few ideas for yarn wreaths and decided to make one. I knew for a while that I wanted to make one for Valentine's Day. I knew I wanted the color gray incorporated in it somehow because well, I'm a little obsessed with the color gray. If you remember, I started working on my wreath over the weekend and I didn't get very far. I finished it tonight and hung it up on my door. YAY!!

Here is what you will need:
 Felt (for rosettes)
Yarn
Straw Wreath
Lace
Beads
Fancy Ribbon
Hot Glue

First, make your rosettes. Then, put your yarn into yarn balls. Trust me,  if you do it is much easier to
wrap your wreath.

 
 Glue your starting end to the wreath and get wrapping!!
 This part takes the longest. It took me approximately 1 1/2 hrs or so just to wrap my wreath. Maybe I'm slow? But I thought I was going pretty fast. (I was also watching Ellen so I might have been a little distracted. Thank goodness my little one was napping)
 After you are done wrapping add your felt rosettes.
 Then the rest of your embellishments:
 Last of all, I used some left over lace and glued it on the back so that I would be able to hang my wreath on my door.
 And VOILA! Here is my wreath on my door and everything.
I am LOVING the gray, with the cream and pink. Well, I just love gray anything. And I love Valentine's Day. I don't know why but I always have. Must be the romantic in me?

On to my next V-Day craft!

XOXO,
Whitney

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!