Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Day Ruffle Cake Attempt

I got a few new pastry tips last week and have been wanting to try them out. I watched a few Youtube videos on how to use them to make roses. I also found this ruffle cake and was dying to try and learn how to do a ruffle cake. So I pulled out my heart shaped cake pans. A tip for frosting cakes, let the cake cool completely. Then, let it cool in the freezer or in the fridge. Frost the cake entirely first then start your ruffles on the side. I used a Wilton #103 for my ruffles and rose. To make the ruffles hold bag vertically, slot of tip perpendicular to cake; use swift back-and-forth motion 1 inch wide to make ruffle, pulling tip up side.Not the best frosting job but it was my first time attempting ruffles and roses. My goal this summer: Take a cake decorating class.


 


Excited for V-Day!

XOXO,
Whitney

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!