Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat

Yesterday was Halloween. It was pretty awesome. I took my 14 month old baby girl out trick or treating for her first time. She loved it, I think, and she definitely got a ridiculous amount of candy. Her bucket is full and it is honestly WAY too much candy for her to ever consume. So I started thinking of ways I could use up her candy instead of just gobbling up. I remembered that there are a few recipes I have been dying to try and now I have the perfect excuse. Here are a few recipes I stumbled upon that all my Halloween candy will make great use of:

Snickers Salad
(Someone made this for me once and it was DELICIOUS!)

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
  • 6 Snickers candy bars
  • 4 -6 granny smith apples (you can vary the apple with successful results if you choose to, but I would NOT recommend a soft va)

Directions:


  1. 1
    Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until thoroughly blended.
  2. 2
    Fold in Cool Whip.
  3. 3
    Cut Snickers into bite size chunks and add to cream cheese mixture.
  4. 4
    Chop the apples into chunks and stir.
  5. 5
    Chill 1 hour before serving.
  6. 6
    Chilling for a long period of time (such as overnight) will result in liquid being released from the salad.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/snickers-salad-62855#ixzz1cVXvQMpa

Another recipe I have been dying to make from Cookies and Cups:

Reeses Peanut Butter Banana Bread!! Really dying to make it. Nothing is better than the combination of peanut butter, chocolate and bananas YUM... oh wait... plus bread! This is sure to be a winner.

Click here for the recipe

And for all those Milky Ways??? How about some Milky Way Cookies?? Souns ammmmaaazzzing to me!

XOXO,

Whitney

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!