Thursday, November 10, 2011

Quick Fix- Winter Dinner Salad

I love to cook. I really do.  But you know those days that don't start out well in the morning and the day just seems to go on forever without any end? Ya... today has been one of those. And when one of those days come up I just am not really in the mood to cook dinner. So I go to one of my quick-fix dinners. Grilled Chicken Salad. I LOVE salad. It is one of my favorite things to eat so of course I have so many different variations of dinner salads. And they are perfect for those nights when cooking just sounds like the last think you want to do. So for dinner I made a quick Grilled Chicken Cranberry-Walnut Spinach Salad. I look forward to this salad every winter, it just reminds me of the fall and it has everything I love in it.

In this salad is: Organic Baby Spinach, Feta Cheese, Glazed Walnuts, Craisins and Grilled Chicken. It is topped with a home made raspberry vinagriette but if you aren't in the mood for whipping up a salad dressing I like to use Light Balsamic Dressing on this as well.




There ya have it! So delicious and quick to throw together for a last minute dinner. Glad the day is over and guess what? It's Friday tomorrow!

XOXO,
WHITNEY

Recipe:
Spinach
Feta Cheese
Craisins
Chicken:
Grill Chicken Tenders on a grill pan or George Foreman. Season with Salt and Pepper. I generally do 2-3 tenders per person.
Glazed Walnuts:
Heat 1/4 C sugar in a pan over medium heat. Once sugar starts to melt and become a slight caramel color dump about 1 C of walnuts into sugar. Stir walnuts around until all are covered with sugar glaze. Heat until the nuts become fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour onto tinfoil to let cool completely.
Dressing:
2 C berries
1 T mustard
2 T honey
salt & pepper
1/4 C rice wine vinegar
1/2 T lemon juice
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/4 C EVOO

Combine all ingredients (except oil) into food processor and blend. Slowly drizzle in oil, check seasonings. Serve over salad. Keeps in the fridge about 1 week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!