Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday 13: Things I am Thankful for



In no particular order:

1.  Camron. Because he is my other half. He literally makes me whole. Not sure how I would survive life without him.
2. Mia. She is my sunshine and what makes life worth living. She brings joy to my heart, more joy than I have ever felt and it is EVERYDAY!
3. My family. My own little family, my side of the family & my in-laws. They are all not only family but are some of my best friends.
4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is what I believe in and know to be true. I can't imagine life without the faith, happiness, and comfort that it brings.
5. In-Vitro Fertilization. Because without it I would not have the most amazing gift - My sweet baby girl, Mia. I will have to share my story with you someday.
6. Best Friends. Especially those who run agonizing amounts of miles with me even when they don't have to. Or those who are there to support me or are just there to listen to me. Those friends who I don't see all the time but as soon as we get together its like we were never apart. Girls nights out with my BFFs is sometimes the pick me up that I need.
7. Running. Because it helps me to set and reach goals. Even when I am hating myself for running so many miles and asking myself why in the world would I sign up for a marathon each time I complete an outrageous amount of miles (like 17 last friday!) I feel like I have accomplished something big.
8. Dark Chocolate. It is sometimes what gets me through the day. Speaking of which, I made myself some Dark Chocolate ice-cream. It is just waiting for me as soon as I am done blogging.
9. Being a stay at home mom. It is the best job I have ever had. It is hard work. I am not just a mom but I am an EVERYTHING mom and it is not 40 hours a week it is 24 hours a day/7 days a week. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
10. My House. So it isn't perfect and right now it is pretty bare and in the preparation stages for some painting, new flooring, baseboards, etc. But I love having a place to call my own and slowly but surely it will start to feel less like a house and more like a home.
11. Reading. I love to read. I grew up loving to read. When I was younger I would read novels in one day. My mom would get frustrated because she would buy me a new book and I would have it read by the end of the day. I am currently in a book club within my neighborhood and I love how it gives me the opportunity to read books that I might not have chosen for myself. Also, it forces me to make time to read.
12. Spring Weather. It is finally starting to warm up and I am able to spend some time hanging out and playing with Mia outside. Good thing, because I was starting to get a little stir crazy from being locked up inside all winter long!
13. Blogging.  Because sometimes I am just not in the mood but once I sit down to blog I feel so much better. I have kept a personal/family blog for 4 years now, I treat that blog like my own little scrapbook/journal and it keeps my family up to date with what is going on in our lives. And I love having this blog to ramble on about whatever I feel like. It has pushed me to try new things - I am excited for where it will take me next.

Happy Thursday!

XOXO,
Whitney

Aunie Sauce

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!