Enjoy your weekend!
Brown-Sugar Pound Cupcakes with Brown-Butter Glaze
Recipe by Martha Stewart
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Brown Butter Glaze
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low. Mix any remaining wet ingredients in a bowl if needed. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with wet ingredients and ending with dry. Scrape sides of bowl. Divide batter among muffin cups, Fill each cup 3/4 full, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool in tins on wire racks. Cupcakes will keep, covered, for up to 3 days, unless otherwise noted.
- Set rack with cupcakes over a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spoon glaze over tops, and let stand until set. Serve glazed cupcakes immediately.
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons whole milk - I used skim milk!
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Carefully pour butter into a bowl, leaving sediment behind.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons milk to butter, and stir until smooth. If glaze is too thick, add more milk. Use immediately.