Thursday, November 29, 2012

That's Just Lovely

One thing I love about blogging is all the different friends that you make. You can really feel like you know someone even if they live clear across the country. I "met" Brani a few months back and just fell in love with her. She is simply gorgeous, funny, and down to earth. I really feel like we are friends. I love this girl and I know you will too! So glad to have her guest posting here today:



Hi all! My name is Brani Laine and I blog over at “That’s JustLovely”. I have been a faithful visitor to “Something Brought You Here” for some time now, and I am so thrilled and thankful that these beautiful ladies are allowing me to take up some space here. I mostly blog about beauty & fashion, but occasionally, I like to share my funny life stories with my readers. First, here are a couple of pictures of me, so you can put a face behind these words:
 
 

 

 

Now, back to the important stuff. My faithful visitors enjoy these sorts of posts: “What I Wore”, reviews on beauty products (I have so many products, I could do one review on a product I own for a year and be okay), tutorials on beauty-related things, ramblings about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness, and links to other amazing blogs I “discover”. Also, I’d like to think I’m a little bit funny and extremely blunt. I believe that’s why my followers like me, and I love them for that. So, I’d really love it if you decided to hop on over to my space on the blogosphere and see for yourself. Perhaps you’ll like what I write about, too? Here’s an example:

Brani’s DIY Exfoliating Body Scrub

(There are so many similar to this one out there, but I swear I’ve been using this scrub since I was in middle school.)

 

What you will need:

Olive oil

Honey

Sugar (regular ol' sugar)

Small tupperware container (enough to hold a can of soup)

 

Why is that it? Because this is the easiest and most affordable DIY scrub you will ever use, most likely.

 

What you will do:

Take the tupperware container, make sure it is ALL cleaned out and dried. Pour in 7-8 tablespoons of sugar. Pour in (judge this on your own, please; it will vary per person & you might need more or less) 6-7 tablespoons of olive oil. Then add a teaspoon of honey. Mix together well. It should look similar to this (which is the batch I just made):




 

Now for the best part--get in the bath tub (or shower...but I prefer a relaxing bath) and take the scrub (with your hands) and rub it ALL over your legs, arms, and whole body. Keep out of private areas! Yes, it will be oily and you will think "Is it supposed to feel this yucky?" The answer is yes. Once you let it sit for 10 minutes, rinse it all off, and when you're out of the bath or shower, dry off! Use the towel to rub off as much as you possibly can. You will still feel a bit oily, so don't sit on any furniture or anything you wouldn't want to possibly get a spot on. Sitting on your towel would be the best choice. After the oily feeling starts to go away, your legs and body will still feel soft (maybe you will have a man touching those legs of yours later? He will love the softness!), but the best part of all is that you exfoliated like a pro! WARNING: PLEASE, PLEASE BE CAREFUL getting out of the shower/tub after using this exfoliating scrub because it is oily and can be very slippery! Also, warn anyone that will be showering/bathing after you. Clean out the tub as best you can! One time my boyfriend almost slipped after I did this DIY scrub. Lesson learned. Enjoy, and please do not hesitate to let me know how it worked for you!

 

Once again, thank you to Whitney & Nicole for letting me guest post! You are wonderful, ladies. J
 
Isn't she JUST LOVELY? I seriously love her and her blog. Go check her out and leave her some comment love!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE to try this body scrub! Sounds so easy to make :)
    Thanks for that inspiring guest post!

    ♥, Nina
    my-style-diary.com

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!