Sunday, May 6, 2012

{weekend} tidbits

Friday was my hubby's birthday. I went all out and made him a homemade ice cream cake. Yep, first time ever. With homemade butterfinger icecream and all. We went to dinner to Red Iguana because he absolutely LOVES mexican cuisine. It was a great evening out with family. When we got to the restaurant I got my camera out to snap a bunch of photos and my camera battery was dead. (Probably made the hubby's day even more!) I was sad I didn't get a picture of my butterfinger cake or to document mmy hubby's 27th birthday. Oh well, we still had a great time!

We went to Red Iguana for dinner. If you haven't been there, you've gotta try it out. Although there is a very long wait but I think it is definitely worth it. I love Mole and it just so happens that Mole is their specialty!

I did want to go and see the new movie Avengers but we ended up spending pretty much all night at the restaurant. We will have to check it out next week!

On Saturday we went up to Bountiful and bought some plants for our vegetable garden and some flowers for our front yard. We planted our veggies and I am so excited. We got probably 5 different varieties of tomatoes, jalapenos, poblanos, potatoes, carrots, basil, broccoli, cauliflower, corn, watermelon, cucumber, acorn squash, banana squash, spaghetti squash, & butternut squash. I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't wait! I love growing our garden. Last year I shared a few harvesting tips on the blog and there will be more to come this summer! We buy all our plants from J&L.


Then last night my mom came over and helped me put my sewing machine together. I started working on my Roman shades. Can I just say that I really like love my new sewing machine? It is so user friendly, especially for a beginner like me. Can't wait to get my roman shades up, they are really going to give my kitchen a finishing look.

Today is a relaxing day. Off to church and then up to the in-laws for some Sunday dinner. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

XOXO,
Whitney

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!