Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Strawberry Dessert

When Whitney gives you strawberries..... you keep making strawberry desserts! But you know what I don't even mind that one bit because they are good good good! Yum! Anywho I decided last night that I wanted to make this strawberry dessert... so I did.






Not only did I just make the desert I made one extra special item to go into the dessert and it was easy peezy lemon squeezy... so let me just tell you about it. The recipe just so happens to call for whipped cream and I mother had pinned directions to make coconut whip cream via nutty kitchen. Well we all know I couldn't resist that substitute so I did it and I made the coconut whipped cream. It was so dang delicious, and I decided Hot chocolate would go lovely will a little bit of it on top.

The Recipes

Strawberry Dessert:

1 (14 oz.) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 Cups Cold Water
1 (4 Serving Size) Pkg. Instant Vanilla Flavor Pudding and Pie Filling Mix
1 Pin Whipping or Heavy Cream, Whipped (or Coconut Whipped Cream- recipe below)
36 Vanilla Wafers
1 Quart fresh Strawberries, Sliced or halved
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Additional Chips, Wafers, and Strawberries optional for topping

In Large Bowl Combine Condensed Milk and Water. Add Pudding Mix: Beat well. Chill 5 minutes. Fold in Whipped Cream. Spoon 2 cups Pudding into 3-Quart glass bowl.Top with half of each of the Vanilla Wafers, Strawberries, and Chocolate chips, Add remaining pudding on top, repeat layering.
*In my dessert as pictured above I didn't add chocolate chips because I don't like chocolate, so they are a completely optional ingredient

Coconut Whipped Cream:
Dash of cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Can Coconut Milk

Place the can of Coconut milk in the fridge over night. Scoop all the thickened coconut cream out and leave the remaining coconut water in the can. Add the cinnamon and vanilla and whip it a mixing bowl until it thickens!


Enjoy,
nicole

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!