Thursday, May 31, 2012

Crockpot Thai Chicken & Potatoes

A few weeks ago for dinner I experimented with the crockpot. I had some potatoes that I needed to use up and so I decided to put them in the crockpot with some chicken. I didn't want it to be boring chicken and potatoes though so I decided to give it a Thai twist. Since I was experimenting I wasn't really sure how it was going to turn out. Well, hubby ate it all up, said he loved it and that I should put it on my regular rotation. Then I told him I made it up. He didn't  believe me. Ok, so I can cook but coming up with my own recipes sometimes doesn't work out, this time it did. Thanks hubby for your faith in my recipe making up skills, ha ha.

Here are some ingredients you will need:

I love using Coconut milk. Since I love Thai & Indian food I almost always have a can of this in my pantry.

The color of this dish is so vibrant!




Thai Chicken & Potatoes

Ingredients:
2 1/2 lbs of chicken. Use whatever you like. I used chicken breast because that is what I had but chicken thighs would be very moist in this!
5 red potatoes; chopped into 1 in bite size pieces
1 bottle of Peanut Satay Sauce
1 can of Coconut milk, lite (full fat is good too, but use lite if you want to cut calories)
1 T fresh minced ginger
3/4 t garlic powder
3/4 t onion powder
1/2 t turmeric
1/2 t curry powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 C sour cream
Parsley for garnish

Place potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot. Salt and pepper the potatoes generously. Don't be too shy with the salt, remember that you have to salt the chicken & potatoes. Then place chicken on top of potatoes. Salt & pepper your chicken. Mix together all spices, peanut sauce & coconut milk and pour over chicken & potatoes. Cook on low for 5-6 hrs or until potatoes are tender. The last 30 minutes add sour cream. Serve and garnish with parsley on top.

ENJOY!

XOXO,
Whitney

2 comments:

  1. This looks delish..... Can you get turmeric and the peanut sauté sauce at like Walmart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get ground turmeric at Walmart but I have not seen the Peanut Satay sauce there. I usually get it at Smith's or they might even have it at Harmons too...those stores usually have a bigger selection for ethnic food ingredients.

      Delete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!