Saturday, February 18, 2012

White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Have I ever told you how much I love Martha Stewart? I mean, because I do. She is such a creative and talented woman. She seems to have an unlimited amount of ideas and her recipes are fool proof. Last year I made cupcakes for my aunt's bunco party. In return she gave me this:

I already have her cupcake book and love it. Of course I knew I would love her cookies cookbook too. My aunt knows me so well. This week we had our Webelo's cub scouts over to our house and I wanted to make them a treat and who doesn't love cookies? I had some white chocolate chips in my pantry and some sweetened coconut. I love coconut but didn't think that everyone else would so I decided to make 1/2 of the cookies just white chocolate chunk and the other 1/2 with coconut and oatmeal. Ummm.... delicious. And the cookies with coconut in them? Divine. Reminds me a little of Kauai, my most favorite vacation spot EVER. Martha actually has a white chocolate chunk recipe that calls for coconut, nuts, golden raisins and oats. Well, I decided to just make her basic white chocolate chip recipe and added oats and  coconut to half of the batter. Easy enough for me! 





The bad thing is? I can't help myself with these cookies. Good thing there is only one left so I don't have to keep eating them. Oh, and another good thing? I ran 12 miles yesterday so I felt like I could have a cookie or two. I am in week 6 of my marathon training and so far... so good. Ha Ha, we will just wait and see how I feel in 2 weekse when I have to run 14 miles, then  15 and so on... wish me luck.  Happy Saturday!

XOXO,
Whitney

White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by Martha Stewart

Ingredients:
2 1/4 C all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 C unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 C granulated sugar
1 C packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 C or one bag of white chocolate chips

If you want to make w/ Coconut and oats like I did also add the following:
(I didn't really measure these I just added how much I thought I wanted)
1/2 C sweetened flaked coconut
1 C  oats

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk together flour and baking soda in a bowl. PUt butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric miser fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix one medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 min. Reduce speed to low. Add salt, vanilla and eggs. Mix until well combined. Mix in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and if desired oats & coconut.

2. Bake cookies on a greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes. (Mine were perfect after 11 minutes) Let cookies cool on cookie sheets on a wire rack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!