Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pear Poppyseed Salad with Grilled Chicken

So, its snowing outside...like crazy. Literally in 5 minutes the weather went from overcast to full on blizzard. Ok, maybe blizzard is a stretching it a little but still is crazy out there. It is dinner time and I am wondering if it is still ok to eat salads for dinner even if it is cold outside??? Well in my book it is. I love salads. They are so versatile and I feel healthy when I eat them. I  Ever since I got my Cuisinart Food Processor I have been making my own salad dressings and let me tell you.... they are so much better when you make them yourself! One of my favorite salad dressings is my dad's Poppyseed dressing. He actually used to own his own salad dressing company Le Parisien Vinagriette. When I was younger I used to go and help him bottle and package them. They are by far my favorite salad dressings. So for dinner I whipped up my dads recipe of Poppyseed dressing. I started with some Tender Garden lettuces which is a mix of baby spinach, arugula, and other baby greens (which are all my fav), topped it with some glazed walnuts, diced pears, grilled chicken and my favorite cheese Extra Sharp White Cheddar.

YUM




What you will need for your salad

Tender Garden lettuce or baby spinach lettuce mix
Pears, diced
Extra sharp white cheddar
Glazed walnuts
grilled chicken
poppy seed dressing (Recipe to follow)

Poppyseed dressing:

1 C sugar
1/2 T dry mustard
1/2 t salt
Blend dry ingredients and set aside

1/2 C + 1/8 C honey
1  1/4 C cider vinegar
1/4 C lemon juice
1 T finely pureed onions or you may substitute w/ onion powder
Place these ingredients in food processor and blend for 30 seconds. Add dry ingredients, blend until all combined for another 30 seconds. Slowly drizzle in:
3 C canola oil

When completed add:
1 t Poppyseeds
Blend for 20 more seconds. Place in the refrigerator until 1 hour before serving.

XOXO,
Whitney

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!