Thursday, February 2, 2012

Easy as Pie

Today I was planning out my meals for the next week. There are so many new recipes that I found and want to try (especially some Indian ones!) I was hoping to get to the grocery store today but my poor baby girl has not been feeling great, Darn ear infections! I didn't really want to drag her to the store, poor thing. And she was being extra clingy so I knew I had to make something that was quick to prepare and something that I had ingredients for in my pantry. Well, I almost always have sour cream, chicken, and cream of chicken soup in my pantry. I was feeling in the mood for some mexican but didn't really have time to roll out some enchiladas since I only had a few minutes where my baby girl let me do something without holding her. I have this recipe for Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Pie that I use from a neighborhood cookbook and I love it. It is so easy and my husband actually likes it a ton better than Chicken Enchiladas. It's not a glamorous meal but its tasty and when you haven't made it to the grocery store yet its a good recipe to fall back on.



And my baby girl even tried a bite of it. I was surprised because I haven't been able to get her to eat anything all day. I'm just glad that tomorrow is Friday and its Superbowl weekend!!! My dad goes all out and puts on a big feast. Can't wait to stuff my self silly and I need to find out what I will need to bring on Sunday! And tomorrow? I'm making some Homemade Thin Mints, who needs Girl Scouts?

XOXO,
Whitney


Here is the recipe:
14 oz chicken, cooked and shredded
1 small can of diced green chilies
1 T butter
1/2 tsp onion powder
3/4 C sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 C chicken broth
5-6 tortillas
1 1/2 C cheddar cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small saucepan, heat up green chilies and butter over medium heat. Add onion powder. Pour in soup and chicken broth.  Stir and cook until smooth. Add sour cream and remove from heat.

Grease a 9x9 or 9x13 pan. (I used a 9x9). Tear up 1/2 of the tortillas and lay them across the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/2 of the chicken, soup mixture, and cheese. Layer the remaining tortillas, sauce, chicken and top with cheese. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!