Thursday, November 3, 2011

Get OUT and LIVE

Do you guys remember my post about Marathon Mom? If not, check it out. Anyway, for the past few weeks I have been debating whether or not to run the Ogden Marathon. Running a full marathon has always been on my list of things to accomplish. I have ran 4 half marathons and feel pretty comfortable with that but there is something inside me that really wants to run a full marathon (26.2 miles). I have been struggling with self doubt and thinking that there is just no way I would be able to do it and then... I was inspired by the Marathon Mom. Within the last week I have had this burst of self confidence and I KNOW that if I set out to do something, I can do it. If you remember in my post I had until November 1st to decide. November 1st was the first day of registration for the Ogden Marathon and I knew I had to decide soon because last year registration filled up within 2 weeks. Well, November 1st came and went. My Aunt asked me if I had decided and well, to be honest, I just needed one more day to decide. So yesterday I got on the webstie for the Ogden Marathon - the name of the website is:

G- et
O- ut
A- nd
L-ive
GET OUT AND LIVE

This inspired me even more so I clicked on registration and began filling out the form. Then it came time to pay and I stared and the last page for about 10 minutes getting up the courage to click on "FINISH REGISTRATION". Then... I did it. I clicked. So there you have it. On May 19, 2012 I will be running a FULL marathon. I have heard that it is gorgeous check out the route here. I will be following a training schedule by Hal Higdon. As of right now, I am not nervous... but excited. I am sure those emotions will change once May gets here. So I will be sharing my marathon training with you to hopefully inspire YOU to Get Out and Live too!


~Wish me luck~

XOXO,
Whitney

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Whit! You're amazing!

    P.S. Remember how we were going to do the Halloween half and then school started and work started and I'm not half as amazing and talented as you are? Yeah... New years resolution #1 run a half marathon with Whitney!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!