Thursday, November 8, 2012

Chicken Pesto Paninis

We received a panini grill as a wedding gift almost 5 years ago. To be honest, when we opened that gift I thought it was kind of dumb. What on earth was I going to do with a panini maker? All I could think was that it was going to take up space in my then tiny kitchen. It pretty much sat in storage for 3 whole years until we moved into our house last year. I actually have space in my kitchen to put it somewhere. So I decided to pull it out when we moved in. First of all, what on earth was I waiting for? I love paninis so why didn't I pull it out sooner? One of my favorite paninis to make is a Chicken Pesto Panini. I love how quick and easy it is and when I don't feel like cooking a big elaborate meal (like yesterday) these are perfect.




What you need:
Ciabatta rolls-  or just your favorite bread. Ciabatta rolls are just the perfect bread for paninis. You should be able to find some in your grocery store's bakery section.
Sliced Tomatoes
Cooked Chicken- I quickly pan sauted chicken tenderloins in some EVOO and S&P, let it rest for a few minutes and tore it into pieces
Pesto- your favorite store bought pesto or homemade if you are feeling up to it.
Butter

Assemble the sandwiches. Spread just a little bit of butter on the top bun. Place in the panini press and grill until toasty and melted.

Easy as that.

ENJOY.

3 comments:

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!