Friday, November 18, 2011

Winter Defense


Winter months = dry skin, and staticy hair, not cool winter.. not cool. So as I was getting my daily dose of Blog Stalking in and I found this pledge with ten tips over at The Beauty Department.

  1. I will try not to let my scarf or the collar of my coat rub against my chin and cause chaffing.
  2. I will try not to take scolding hot showers but warm ones instead. Sigh. And I won’t blow the car heater onto my face, but use the vents on the floor boards only.
  3. Every morning I will start with a hyaluronic acid serum and follow it with a moisturizing cream containing SPF.
  4. Throughout the day I will refresh my face with a hydrating mist that I will keep in my purse.
  5. Every evening after I wash my face, I will apply a deep moisturizing night cream, no matter how tired I am from a long day.
  6. I will avoid harsh facial scrubs that could cause irritation but instead gently use a wash cloth to keep my cell turnover turning.
  7. Once a week I will slather a moisturizing mask all over my face for 10 minutes.
  8. I will apply and re-apply lip balm numerous times every day.
  9. I will keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
  10. I will wear SPF 50+ when skiing/snowboarding and try not to let my coat collar massacre my chin like last year.
The only tidbit of advice I'd like to add would be for that Staticy hair. I like to grab a dryer sheet and run it through my hair, it's a life saver so I always keep one in my purse.
Anywho, I wish you all the best in combating these upcoming dry winter months. It's always a tough fight but I always seem to get through the dry skin and staticy hair, someway somehow. It's not always pretty but I do it. Good Luck!

Happy Friday,

nicole

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!