Monday, November 7, 2011

Be Grateful

November is such a great month. I love all the family oriented activities that go own this time of year. My personal favorite is the giant family reunion we have, I love getting together with all my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I think my favorite thing about November though is that it gives us the opportunity to show our gratitude for so many things that in our daily life we tend to look over. I know you are all thinking (because I am thinking it too) that we should show our gratitude all year long, yes you are right we totally should. I truly am thankful all year long for the many wonderful things I have... especially for the people in my life like family, I just tend to think it rather than express it. Which is why November is so great, it gives us the opportunity to express our gratitude to the ones who deserve it most.

This brings me to my next thought.... the craft I made this weekend.  In my family we always use to have a thankful turkey? (yes that is what I am going to refer to it as) my brother made it in elementary and as you can imagine it isn't the most stylish thing. The idea of the thankful turkey though is something to hold onto. So we definitely used that thankful turkey for many years, and then we stopped. This year though I decided to bring out that thankful turkey in a way that was easier on the eye, hopefully you will all agree.

Didn't turn out too bad now did it!

Lets jut say I was quite pleased with myself and the craftiness I brought to our home. I should maybe consider quitting my day job, as well as school to pursue my crafty side. Yes I am proud and it is getting to my head, but guess what I don't even mind. Okay ya maybe I remember the time and season. BE GRATEFUL... I'll keep reminding myself that don't worry.

And here couple more things that would increase my gratitude towards my family (Mother)

Michael Jackson, The Experience.. from amazon for a steal of 20.98. Multiple uses... Family Home Evening, Friend gatherings, Laughs, etc. Most definitely would bring us together, just sayin'.

Justin Bieber Under the Mistletoe... also available for purchase at amazon in a CD/DVD Combo, Deluxe Edition for 16.59. This would definitely increase my Christmas Spirit which is lacking, and that isn't okay.. I need it to thrive.


Like I said, Michael Jackson The Experience and Justin Bieber Under the Mistletoe... It would increase my gratitude to like a 10. Think about it. Anywho, enough about me. Let's all be more thankful this month! Happy November.


A grateful heart is the beginning of greatness. -Elder James E. Faust.

Much Love,

nicole

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!