Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Avocado Berry Smoothie {Vegan}

A couple of weeks ago I taught a group of 8 year old girls about eating healthy. After the lesson we made healthy smoothies. I searched online and found this delicious Berry-Cado Smoothie. All of the 8 year old girls said they did not like avocados but I told them to keep an open mind. Turns out they absolutely loved the smoothie, and so did I! What a clever way to add protein and all the other health benefits of an avocado into your everyday diet. Adding the avocado is not only healthy but it makes the texture of the smoothie extra creamy instead of having to add yogurt- making it vegan. Since then I have made the smoothie a few times and even tried it out on my hubby who hates avocado (gasp). He loved the smoothie too. I decided to play around with the recipe and came up with this slightly different variation that I happen to love and am actually sipping on right now as I type. Yum.




Avocado Berry Smoothie
1/2 ripe avocado
1 banana
3/4 C FROZEN strawberries, mango, peaches, pineapple (I bought a bag of frozen mixed tropical fruit)
1/2 C FROZEN blueberries
4 ice cubes

Blend until smooth, sip, and enjoy!

And a shout out to Nicole, Princess Nicole, Colie. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Yes how cool is that? We are blogging sistas and share birthdays only 3 days apart. Love ya like a sister!




2 comments:

  1. Yall always post the best looking things!! YUM!

    -Brittany
    breakfastatbrittanyss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!