Thursday, December 22, 2011

Peppermint Bark

I needed to put together a cute gift for some ladies that I visit with. I wanted to do something tasty, cute and easy! I saw this recipe for Peppermint Bark about a month ago and it sounded so easy so I thought I would try it out. Thanks for the super easy recipe Paula Deen. It turned out great!!

 This peppermint bark really took me ten minutes, then about an hour in the fridge. Then all I had to do was break it apart...
 I put them in little bags with some homemade oreo cookies with cream cheese frosting.

 Tied it up with a bow and an ornament and.....
Sure hope my neighbor ladies liked it!!! Tis the season!

XOXO,
Whitney

Peppermint Bark
By Paula Deen

Ingredients

  • Crushed candy canes, to yield 1 cup
  • 2 pounds white chocolate
  • Peppermint flavorings, optional

Directions

Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4-inch chunks or smaller. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Combine candy cane chunks with chocolate (add peppermint flavoring at this point if desired.) Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment or waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave a comment we read each and every one!